1. Driggin E, Madhavan MV, Bikdeli B. et al. Cardiovascular considerations for patients, health care workers, and health systems during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020; 75 (18): 2352–71.
2. Bangash MN, Patel J, Parekh D. COVID-19 and the liver: little cause for concern. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020; 5 (6): 529–30.
3. Mehta P, McAuley DF, Brown M et al. HLH Across Speciality Collaboration, UK. COVID-19: consider cytokine storm syndromes and immunosuppression. Lancet 2020; 395 (10229): 1033–4.
4. Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 disease is suspected-interim guidance, March 13, 2020. World Health Organization, 2020. https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/clinical-management-of-covid-19
5. Chen N, Zhou M, Dong X et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study. Lancet 2020; 395 (10223): 507–13.
6. Terpos E, Ntanasis-Stathopoulos I, Elalamy I et al. Hematological findings and complications of COVID-19. Am J Hematol 2020; 95 (7): 834–47.
7. Maglakelidze N, Manto KM, Craig TJA. A review: does complement or the contact system have a role in protection or pathogenesis of COVID-19? Pulm Ther 2020; 6 (2): 169–76.
8. Bikdeli B, Madhavan MV, Jimenez D et al. COVID-19 and thrombotic or thromboembolic disease: implications for prevention, antithrombotic therapy, and follow-up: JACC state-of-the-art review. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020; 75 (23): 2950–73.
9. Gando S, Fujishima S, Saitoh D. Japanese Association for Acute Medicine (JAAM) Focused Outcomes Research in Emergency Care in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Sepsis and Trauma (FORECAST) Study Group. et al; The significance of disseminated intravascular coagulation on multiple organ dysfunction during the early stage of acute respiratory distress syndrome. Thromb Res 2020; 191: 15–21.
10. Helms J, Tacquard C, Severac F. CRICS TRIGGERSEP Group (Clinical Research in Intensive Care and Sepsis Trial Group for Global Evaluation and Research in Sepsis) et al; High risk of thrombosis in patients with severe SARS-CoV-2 infection: a multicenter prospective cohort study. Intensive Care Med 2020; 46 (6): 1089–98.
11. Risk factors of critical & mortal COVID-19 cases: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis. J Infect 2020; 81 (2): e16-e25.
12. Roncon L, Zuin M, Rigatelli G, Zuliani G. Diabetic patients with COVID-19 infection are at higher risk of ICU admission and poor short-term outcome. J Clin Virol 2020; 127: 104354.
13. Cohen G, Riahi Y, Alpert E, Gruzman A, Sasson S. The roles of hyperglycaemia and oxidative stress in the rise and collapse of the natural protective mechanism against vascular endothelial cell dysfunction in diabetes. Arch Physiol Biochem 2007; 113 (4–5): 259–67.
14. LiSen, WangJiaxin, ZhangBiao et al. Diabetes mellitus and cause-specific mortality: a population-based study. Diabetes Metab J 2019; 43 (3): 319. DOI: 10.4093/dmj.2018.0060
15. Pearson-Stuttard J, Blundell S, Harris T et al. Diabetes and infection: assessing the association with glycaemic control in population-based studies. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2016; 4 (2): 148–58. DOI: 10.1016/S2213-8587(15)00379-4
16. Zhu L, She ZG, Cheng X et al. Association of blood glucose control and outcomes in patients with COVID-19 and pre-existing Type 2 diabetes. Cell Metab 2020; 31 (6): 1068–77
17. Varga Z, Flammer AJ, Steiger P et al. Holger MochEndothelial cell infection and endotheliitis in COVID-19. Lancet 2020; 395 (10234): 1417–18.
18. Sestan M et al. Virus-induced interferon-γ causes insulin resistance in skeletal muscle and derails glycemic control in obesity. Immunity 2018; 49: 164–77.e6. DOI: 10.1016/j.immuni.2018.05.005
19. Williams R, Karuranga S, Malanda B et al. Global and regional estimates and projections of diabetes-related health expenditure: results from the International Diabetes Federation Diabetes Atlas. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2020; 162. DOI: 10.1016/j.diabres.2020.108072
20. Hill MA, Mantzoros Ch, Sowers JR et al. Commentary: COVID-19 in patients with diabetes. Metabolism 2020; 107: 154217. DOI: 10.1016/j.metabol.2020.154217
21. Bode B, Garrett V, Messler J et al. Glycemic Characteristics and Clinical Outcomes of COVID-19 Patients Hospitalized in the United States. https://glytecsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/Sage.Glycemic-Characteristics-and-Clinical-Outcomes-of-...
22. Ranucci M. The procoagulant pattern of patients with COVID-19 acute respiratory distress syndrome. J Thromb Haemost 2020; 18 (7): 1747–51. DOI: 10.1111/jth.14854